Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas shopping

It is getting there! I love Christmas Grandma died on the 23rd so there were a few years I didn't really care for Christmas but then I remembered how she loved Christmas and made it such a magical time for me.
Robin and I went to Big Rapids last night and I was telling him about Christmas when I was little and it got me remembering how I loved the family all getting together. Heaven only knows how we all fit in that house. I miss the family thing as I get older it means more to me.
Saturday we went Christmas shopping at the mall in Grand Rapids (took Mother) I love the hustle and bustle and craziness of it all. As long as I was under no pressure to find something. Sometimes I miss living in Grand Rapids and this is one of those times. I miss my big Victorian tree and all my ornaments its weird I know but things like that means a lot to me. Preserving the past and all those warm fuzzy memories it helps you to forget the when the times weren't so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment