Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving a day of thanks


Thanksgiving a day we set aside to eat to much, give family members a hard time and tease them and then a big hug. I always have looked at the day as a reminder to take journey through the past year mentally and feel blessed.

My Sisters Barb and Connie, brother in law Joses and brother Dan came to our house along with Mom and Uncle Keith. It was a great meal but mostly it was nice being with my family. I really miss the days when we would have big family picnics and holidays with the cousins and whole family. I plan on trying it again this summer when we are settled in the new place brothers, sister cousin from both sides plus a few friends that are like family.

I do feel bad I didn't get down to Robins folks house I had ours latter because I thought his would be earlier but they were late also so we over lapped. Robin did get to go down so that was good. I didn't so I will spend some time down there this weekend. Of course none of them came down to see us either, that road goes both ways. I felt bad for Robin kinda of like we were setting up two camps. This is going to end with the new house my goal is to get the two families together so we can merge holidays , family dinners etc. together it will be easier on us.

So this Thanksgiving sit back quietly and remember how blessed we are. We often over look our daily blessings. We need to take time out of our busy schedules to sit quietly to take a long walk by our self and just think how blessed we have been in our lives. We all have had our struggles but in the end we survive. We need to learn from these trials but take a lesson from them and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment